Main Conference Registration Fees
The fees in the table below are for participation in the two-day conference. The fees include admission to all main conference sessions and full conference documentation. They do not include accommodation at the conference venue (The Crown Hotel, Harrogate), or admission to the optional in-depth workshops on 7th June.
You may choose to pay in UK pounds (GBP) or Euros (EUR).
|Payment in UK pounds (GBP)
Change to EUR
Discounted Rate for
(payment 28th February - 8th May, 2017)
Just In Time
(payment on or after 9th May, 2017)
UK VAT at the standard rate (currently 20%) will be added to all of the above fees.
- EU businesses that are registered for VAT can apply for the refund of this VAT through their own country's electronic VAT refund portal.
- Non-EU businesses can submit a paper claim for refund to the UK Tax Office.
Discounts on Main Conference Registration Fees
There are discounts for:
- Returning delegates (who attended UA Europe 2016 or another tech comms conference in 2016)
- Startups and freelance authors
- Groups of three or more delegates
Delegates of UA Europe 2016 in Budapest receive a discount of
£100 (or €120) plus UK VAT on main conference fees for UA Europe 2017.
This discount is also available to delegates who have attended at least one of the following technical communications conferences since 1st June 2016:
- Technical Communication UK (TCUK) 2016
- tcworld conference 2016
- Write the Docs Europe 2016 (in Prague)
- soap! | Conference 2016 Kraków
- LavaCon Dublin 2016
50% discount for startups and freelance authors
If you work for a startup company (<3 years old and <30 employees), or are self-employed, then you qualify for a 50% discount on your main conference registration fee. Please quote the discount code STARTUP on your registration form.
If you register a group of three or more delegates from your organisation on the main conference, you receive the following discounts:
|Groups of 3:||Groups of 4:||Groups of 5 or more:|
on 3rd delegate only
on 3rd delegate
on 3rd delegate
on 4th delegate
on 4th delegate
on 5th and subsequent delegates
These group discounts can be used in combination with other qualifying discounts on the Main Conference registration fees. The group discounts are calculated for each delegate after any another qualifying discounts have been applied, and before the addition of VAT.
Optional Workshop Fees
The registration fee for attending one of the optional in-depth workshops on 7th June is:
- £175 GBP + VAT or €210 EUR + VAT if you are not also attending the main conference
- £149 GBP + VAT or €175 EUR + VAT if you are also attending the main conference
There are no additional discounts available for the workshop registration fees.
Accommodation is available to all conference delegates at the conference venue (the 3-star Crown Hotel, Harrogate) for the special rates of:
- £115 GBP per night for a Standard room (including breakfast)
- £125 GBP per night for double occupancy of a Standard Twin or Double room (including breakfast for two people)
Alternative accommodation is available at the following nearby hotels:
- the four-star Old Swan Hotel (from £95 per night including breakfast)
- The Yorkshire (from £75 per night including breakfast).
Please see the Hotel Accommodation Options and Booking form for further information and to book your accommodation at the Crown Hotel or at either of the alternative hotels.
Terms and conditions
Cancellations by 27th February 2017 will receive a full refund minus a 10% administration fee.
Cancellations on or after 28th February and by 8th May 2017 will receive a 50% refund.
There are no refunds for cancellations on or after 9th May 2017.
- To qualify for the Early Bird Rate, full payment must have been received by the conference organisers (Matthew Ellison Consulting) by 27th February 2017.
To qualify for the Standard Rate, full payment must be received by the conference organisers (Matthew Ellison Consulting) on or before 8th May 2017.
All payments at the "Just In Time" rate must be received and cleared by 5th June 2017.
- When registrations qualify for both the Returning Delegates discount and the Startup/Freelance discount, the Returning Delegates discount is applied first.
- Substitutions may be made at any time up to the start of the event. Substitutions may not be made after the pre-conference workshops have started on 7th June 2017.
- In the case of the event being cancelled for reasons beyond the control of the organisers, all registrants will receive a full refund of the conference and workshop fees that have been already paid to the conference organisers (Matthew Ellison Consulting). The organisers are not responsible for the refund of any associated travel or accommodation expenses.
- The conference organisers reserve the right to change the published conference programme at any time.
If you are registering for the In-depth Workshops only (and not also registering for the main conference), please use the In-depth Workshops registration form.
Please use the form below if you are registering for the main conference with (or without) optional In-depth Workshop.